- GG_ID: GG_IAC_0030
- Severity: HIGH
- Complexity: LOW
- Categories: NETWORK
- Providers: AWS
- Potential data exposure: True
- Visible in logs: False
- User interaction required: True
- Privileges required: False
Outdated TLS policies (version 1.0 and 1.1) rely on insecure cipher suites (SHA-1 and MD5), and are subject to a range of well known attack. Note that TLS 1.0 and 1.1 have been deprecated on March 25, 2021.
Allowing such policies can allow attacker to break the encryption, decrypt the traffic, and perform man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Data or credential leakage.
- Man-in-the-middle attacks.
Choose TLS 1.2 as the security policy for the API Gateway domain name configuration.