- Documentation: https://www.dropbox.com/lp/developers/reference/oauth-guide
- Summary: Dropbox application credentials are a pair of client id/secret generated for each application a user wants to register in its own Dropbox. This pair will allow to create authorization URLs for the application and exchange short-lived access tokens in order to make API calls.
- IPs allowlist: This feature is not available.
- Scopes: Dropbox application credentials grant HTTP basic authentication for the corresponding app.
There is no direct information on how to change the client id and secret (called "app key" and "app secret" in Dropbox documentation) or ways to do it from the Application console. The best solution is to contact Dropbox support services.
The application console give access to analytics that can be used to check for suspicious activities.
Dropbox app credentials#
Category: Data storage
High recall: False
Validity check available: True
On-premise instances exist: False
Only valid secrets raise an alert: True
Minimum number of matches: 2
Occurrences found for one million commits: 0.74
- type: FilenameBanlistPreValidator banlist_extensions:  banlist_filenames:  check_binaries: false include_default_banlist_extensions: true ban_markup: false- type: ContentWhitelistPreValidator patterns: - dropbox- type: ContentWhitelistPreValidator patterns: - app
- text: > dropbox blabla App_key=ykapzwq1r5wyw4i App_secret=h1r909z5a6aqpn2 client_id: ykapzwq1r5wyw4i client_secret: h1r909z5a6aqpn2- text: dropbox blabla App_key=ykapzwq1r5wyw4i App_secret=h1r909z5a6aqpn2 client_id: ykapzwq1r5wyw4i client_secret: h1r909z5a6aqpn2 filename: some_file.md