- Documentation: https://api.slack.com/authentication/verifying-requests-from-slack
- Summary: Slack is a business communication platform. It offers chat rooms in the form of channels organized by topics as well as private groups and direct messaging. Users can create Slack applications to automate some actions in workspaces. This detector focuses on catching Slack signing secrets. Those secrets are used by Slack applications in order to authenticate requests comming from Slack.
- IPs allowlist: This feature is not supported.
- Scopes: All keys have the same permission, and allow to authenticate Slack requests.
To revoke the credentials, go to the App dashboard and after selecting the application, click on regenerate next to the Signing Secret key field.
Monitoring activity of keys is not mentioned in Slack's documentation.
Slack signing secret#
Category: Messaging system
High recall: False
Validity check available: False
Minimum number of matches: 1
Occurrences found for one million commits: 2.4
- type: FilenameBanlistPreValidator banlist_extensions: - ^(cs|x|p|s|r)?html5?~?$ - ^[aps]?cssc?~?$ - ^lock$ - ^mdx?~?$ - ^storyboard(c|er)?~?$ - ^xib$ banlist_filenames:  check_binaries: false- type: ContentWhitelistPreValidator patterns: - slack- type: ContentWhitelistPreValidator patterns: - signing
- text: slack_signing_secret=014896b596825cb82ebacfcf715ae9ca apikey: 014896b596825cb82ebacfcf715ae9ca - text: | this is a slack app signing_secret="e6befad640eff13ef3bdf744cc8d11c1" apikey: e6befad640eff13ef3bdf744cc8d11c1